Email Subject Line Roundup: Travel Edition
Spring break is upon us, and it’s time to get away! Travel companies are vying for our attention with the lowest fares, the best destinations, and the most clever subject lines in their email marketing campaigns. Here are some of our favorites:
- We’ll pick you up! (JetBlue Airways)
- Don’t You Want a Free Night and More? (Marriott)
- $45/Night Cruises, FREE Liquor, FREE Wi-Fi, FREE Hotel Stay… (Priceline.com)
- Springtime fares as low as $31 (Amtrak)
- Last chance – 50% off your Bahamas vacay! (JetBlue Getaways)
- Your Loyalty Means the World To Us (Marriott Rewards)
- This is PERSONAL. (JetBlue)
*with bonus points for tying in the preheader: #SingleBlueAirline seeks seat(mate)
Why do these work?
- Ease: Appeal to the universal desire for a travel experience that is easy and stress-free.
- Incentive: Why yes, I do want a free night and lots of other perks!
- Special deals: How low can you go? If you’re running a special promotion with lower-than-average fares, it’s perfectly fine to put that price right in the subject line.
- Urgency: No one wants to let a good deal slip away! Words like “last chance” play on that FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out).
- Connection: Let your readers know that they are appreciated. Rewarding loyalty is a great way to keep that customer relationship fresh.
- Humor: Getting clever with your subject line and tying it together with the rest of your messaging and creative is a great way to get a scroll and a click, not just an open.
For more email inspiration, stay tuned for more subject line roundups! And if these great travel subject lines are making you want to getaway right away, set your destination to Email Marketing Paradise and download our free Email Automation Solution Guide.